Last Revised: November 5, 2013
A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13, however, we do gather information from parents regarding their own children under the age of 13.
A Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
- When you post content (text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users may be able to see it, along with your first name and first initial of your last name, profile photo and any other information that you choose to make public on your public profile page (“Profile”). Other users with whom you are connected via Facebook or the Services may also be able to see your full last name. For additional information, please see User Reviews and Ratings section below for details.
- If you voluntarily provide us with the names and birthdays of your children and expected due dates of children in utero in your Profile, then we will collect that information and add it to your Account. The name and specific birthdates of your children will not be made public, however, the ages of your children (and/or your due date) may be viewable to other users in a weeks, months, or years format as appropriate.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files, product ratings, comments, personal preferences and messages that you store using your Account.
- When you post comments, reviews, testimonials or ratings on the product rating areas of our Site (“Reviews”), the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it. This information may also be shared with Facebook for posting on your Facebook wall or timeline.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional Profile information.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your contact information (e.g. name, phone number, and email address) if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
- We may also collect Personal Data, such as at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
Information Collected via Technology.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements around the Site, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs. For example, some of the information may be collected so that when you visit the Site or the Services again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user.
Use of Your Personal Data
General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us (or that we receive from third parties as described above) is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries or requests;
- to make telephone calls to you, from time to time to solicit your feedback; and
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
User Reviews and Ratings. A key component of our Services are the Reviews we collect from users regarding the products and services of others. When you post a Review, your profile picture, your first name and the first initial of your last name will be viewable by general users of our Services. Please note, users with whom you have connected with via Facebook or WeeSpring (“Your Friends”) may be able to see your full name and profile picture when you post a Review. If you post any Reviews on our Site, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these Reviews. We also often receive and collect testimonials and feedback regarding our Services. Personal Data collected in testimonials or feedback may be shared with third parties and used in marketing materials.
Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your full last name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. Company reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Company. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Company.
Review Content Partners. We may share your Reviews with our third party content partners (“Review Content Partners”), who will make them publicly available to Your Friends, other weeSpring users, and the general public on their websites. We may share the content of such Reviews along with any Personal Data and Anonymous Data made available to us by Facebook with our Review Content Partners.
Public Profile. Certain portions of the information you provide to us may also be publicly displayed in your Profile, such as your first name, first initial of your last name and profile picture by default. The Reviews you post to the Site are also meant for plubic consumption. We may display this content on the Site and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put Personal Data in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you may still be able to edit and delete it on the Site (see Changes to Personal Data and opt-Out below), you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
Disclosure to Third Party Companies. We may enter into agreements with companies that provide our Services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website, companies with whom we provide certain services, or companies that offer their products and/or services on our website (“Third Party Companies”). We may provide certain Third Party Companies access to Personal Data that we collect from our customers so that we can serve advertisements relating to third party products and services on our Site and elsewhere.
Third Party Websites.
collection of data after you click on links to such outside websites.
Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Our Site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Please see Amazon’s terms for more information. For the avoidance of doubt, amazon.com is a third party website (as described in more detail above).
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data.
We will periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote the use of our Site or Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
Security of Your Personal Data. Company is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Company uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Company cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Attn: Jack Downey
36 Cooper Sq, 6FL
New York, NY 10003